Residential Counselors (direct care staff)
Hope For Youth has several openings for Part-Time and Full-Time Residential Counselors in its residential services programs located in Amityville, Seaford, Bay Shore, Bellmore, Farmingdale, Babylon. To be a successful Residential Counselor you must always:
• Function within the policies and procedures as outlined in the program practice guide and employee manual, including regularly scheduled and recorded room checks
• Supervise and support residents using the Therapeutic Crisis Intervention model without the need for therapeutic holds
• Resolve resident issues and complaints
• Achieves positive outcomes for residents (shared by unit team)
• Adhere to state regulations and applicable code of conduct
How you will spend your time in this job:
• 90% supporting youth (including documentation, laundry (wash, fold and store), cleaning, etc.)
• 10% staff meetings/supervision/training
To qualify for this job you need to have:
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Valid driver’s license.
· Ability to:
• Operate a motor vehicle carrying up to ten (10) children and youth
• Lift/move up to fifty (50) pounds
• Escort children and youth into the community using stairs when necessary
• Physically restrain a child or youth during a crisis
• Read/write reports and log entries
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirement firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position for which you are applying as the subject line.
All positions are subject to the following:
Submission guidelines are to Include a cover letter and salary requirements with resume and to understand that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All positions are subject to background investigation including State Central Child Abuse Registry, DMV record review, criminal records screening, reference checks and finger printing. All applicants must complete a pre-employment physical, can climb stairs, walk/stand, reach overhand, use repetitive wrist/finger movement, read/write reports.
Hope For Youth, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Competitive salary and excellent benefits package which includes medical/dental benefits, life insurance, long term disability, housing assistance program, 403(b) savings and flexible spending accounts, tuition assistance, pension plans and generous paid time off.