Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Hope For Youth is seeking a part-time Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner with psychiatry experience working with a child and adolescent population to join our team.
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will be joining a seasoned interdisciplinary team dedicated to facilitating positive change in the lives of children, youth and families in our care through psychiatry.
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Skills and Abilities:
• Ensure appropriate routine, urgent, and specialist psychiatry and medical care for children and youth in our care (shared team and outside providers)
• Adhere to state regulations and applicable codes of conduct
• Participate in psychiatry, diagnostic assessments, medication assessments & monitoring, treatment planning, goal setting and outcomes
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Requirements:
• Knowledge of psychiatry, psychopharmacology, diagnosis and medication management and specific experience with children and youth
• Degree with specialized training and experience in Psychiatry
• Current license to practice as a nurse practitioner in New York State
• Current DEA registration for the prescribing of controlled substances
• NYS OPRA (Ordering/Prescribing/Referring/Attending) status or application pending
• Health Commerce Account in place by the onset of employment, needed to prescribe to clients with Medicaid, the latter is needed to adhere to NYS I-STOP law
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirement email@example.com with the title of the position for which you are applying as the subject line.
All positions are subject to the following:
Submission guidelines are to Include a cover letter and salary requirements with resume and to understand that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All positions are subject to background investigation including State Central Child Abuse Registry, DMV record review, criminal records screening, reference checks and finger printing. All applicants must complete a pre-employment physical, can climb stairs, walk/stand, reach overhand, use repetitive wrist/finger movement, read/write reports.
Hope For Youth, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Competitive salary and excellent benefits package which includes medical/dental benefits, life insurance, long term disability, housing assistance program, 403(b) savings and flexible spending accounts, tuition assistance, pension plans and generous paid time off.