Prevention Specialist – Full time
The Prevention program is grant program through New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services. The Prevention Specialist will be responsible for presenting an evidenced based curriculum, “Too Good for Drugs,” in elementary school classrooms located in the Town of Babylon. The Specialist will also be responsible for attending and leading community awareness events in the Town of Babylon. The intent of the program is to provide elementary school age children with the skills needed to refrain from engaging in alcohol and substance use and to raise awareness in the community. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. Computer skills are essential.
• Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or CASAC.
• Must have at least two years of experience working with children and adolescents.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Ability to practice within the scope of OASAS Prevention regulations.
• Computer skills are essential.
• Developing, planning and conducting education programs for elementary students utilizing the0 “Too Good For Drugs” Curriculum created by the Mendez Foundation.
• Implementing strategies to raise awareness of alcohol and drug related issues in the community.
• Conducting surveys of alcohol and drug related issues to develop new prevention/education programs.
• Developing, planning, and coordinating community events on gambling awareness, prevention and substance awareness and prevention
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position for which you are applying as the subject line.
All positions are subject to the following:
Submission guidelines are to Include a cover letter and salary requirements with resume and to understand that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All positions are subject to background investigation including State Central Child Abuse Registry, DMV record review, criminal records screening, reference checks and finger printing. All applicants must complete a pre-employment physical, can climb stairs, walk/stand, reach overhand, use repetitive wrist/finger movement, read/write reports.
Hope For Youth, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Competitive salary and excellent benefits package which includes medical/dental benefits, life insurance, long term disability, housing assistance program, 403(b) savings and flexible spending accounts, tuition assistance, pension plans and generous paid time off.