National Foster Care Awareness Month
National Foster Care Awareness Month is an important time for us to reflect on the many challenges that children and youth in foster care face, and to recognize the incredible work being done to support them. At Hope For Youth, we’re dedicated to providing comprehensive care and support to children and youth in foster care, and we believe that every child deserves the chance to succeed. We offer a range of programs and services that are designed to meet the unique needs of children in foster care, from out-patient and clinical services to diagnostic and emergency residential services. Our foster care program is committed to finding stable, loving homes for children who have experienced trauma or difficult circumstances, and we provide ongoing support to both the children and the foster families to ensure that everyone has the resources they need to succeed. Through our work, we’re helping to make a real difference in the lives of these young people, and we’re proud to be a part of this important effort. Join us in raising awareness about the needs of children in foster care and supporting our mission to provide high-quality care and support to those who need it most.
Did you know that there are nearly 391,000 children in foster care in the US and over 8 million kids worldwide? By becoming a foster parent with Hope For Youth, you can make a positive difference in the life of a child who needs it the most. Our foster parents receive extensive training and support, and are an integral part of our mission to provide high-quality care and support to children and families in need. 💜💛
It’s a common misconception that the majority of children in foster care are very young, but the reality is that the average age of a foster youth is 8 years old. Additionally, these children typically spend just under 2 years – or approximately 21 months – in foster care. At Hope For Youth, we’re committed to providing high-quality care and support to children and youth of all ages, and we’re dedicated to helping them achieve their full potential. Join us in making a difference in the lives of these young people today! 💜💛
Therapeutic Foster Care (TFC) Success Stories 2022!
- TFC has been working with a young woman since she was 16. The youngster was adopted as a baby, and her adoptive mother passed away, which led to her placement into foster care. A program was developed called FYI (Fostering Youth Independence); it was created to assist youth aging out of foster care with housing. This youth took advantage of the program and, at the age of 20, is currently residing in an apartment while working with FYI staff to learn all the skills necessary to be a successful adult. This youngster worked hard to obtain her goals with help from her TFC team, Health Homes team, and DSS. Way to go!
- A sibling group of three (ages 17, 12, & 6) came into the TFC program after being separated from their birth parents for the first time. TFC worked diligently with the children, their birth parents, and NDSS to reunify them with their family. The children established an incredible connection to their foster family. Once the children were reunited with their birth parents, they maintained contact with the foster family! The children also stayed connected to their TFC Caseworker and are still involved with the Health Homes team!
- A young man in foster care since he was a toddler was placed in several foster homes and felt defeated and unwanted. Once he was placed in his final foster home and connected to the family, he knew this home was different. This youngster felt strongly connected to the foster mother and family and was excited to make this his forever home. Through teamwork by the TFC team, Wendy’s Wonderful Kids team, and DSS, this youngster got his wish and was adopted into a fantastic family he calls his own!
Join us in making a difference today! Our next orientation is 5/25/2023 from 6pm – 8pm.
Contact Christina Anello at (631) 813-9572 if you are interested. If you cannot attend, we will work with you to schedule another meeting.
All meetings are via Zoom.
Visit our website at https://www.hfyny.org/ to learn more about how you can get involved and make a difference today.
Mental Health Awareness is of utmost importance, and at Hope For Youth, we are committed to promoting mental well-being among children, youth, and families. We recognize that mental health is a crucial aspect of overall well-being, and we strive to provide comprehensive support and resources to address mental health challenges. Through our programs and services, we aim to break down the stigma surrounding mental health, promote resilience, and empower individuals to seek help when needed. Together, let’s create a compassionate and supportive community where everyone can thrive and find the hope they deserve.
Collaborative for Children & Families is sharing information and resources to help aid in conversations surrounding mental health.
- SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration) Mental Health Awareness Month Toolkit: Click Here
- Minnesota Department of Health Mental Health Toolkit: Click Here
- Mental Health America: Click Here
- National Institute of Mental Health- Digital Shareables: Click Here
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Kitchen Table Talks: Click Here
Thank you for Your Donations
Join our Monthly Giving Program and make a lasting impact! Your ongoing support, no matter the amount, is highly appreciated and acknowledged. Setting up your recurring donation is quick and easy with the attached QR Code.